A-COOP Saga Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "our company") is aware that correct management of customer's personal information is both fundamental for the operations of our company as well as something we are responsible to do as a social entity, and we agree to adhere to the policies described below.
- In order to correctly manage personal information, our company agrees to adhere to laws regarding the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as "the law") as well as laws related to protection of personal information decrees and the guidelines, etc. of other major ministries, in particular the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
"Personal information" is defined in accordance with Clause 1 of Article 2 of the Act as information regarding a living person that allows for the identification of a particular individual, and is understood as such hereinafter.
- Following defining the way(s) in which personal information will be used, excluding cases in which permission has been given by the individual or it is legally required that the case be treated as an exemption, our company agrees to only use personal information for these purposes.
"The individual" refers to an individual personal able to be identified through personal information and is understood as such hereinafter.
- When acquiring personal information, our company agrees to use appropriate methods to gather personal information and either publicize the way in which the information will be used when it is being gathered or communicate this to the individual immediately after receiving the information, except for cases that are legally required to be treated as exemptions. However, when information is received directly from the individual in writing, the purpose of use will be clearly stated.
- Our company will strive to maintain correct and up to date personal data within the set purposes of use and will implement measures to ensure that personal data is safely managed by staff members, including contract workers.
"Personal data" is defined in accordance with Clause 4 of Article 2 of the Act as information databases, etc. (Clause 2 of Article 2 of the Act) that contain personal information, and is understood as such hereinafter.
- Excluding cases that are legally required to be treated as an exemption, personal data will not be given to a third party without first receiving permission from the individual.
- In accordance with the Act, our company will agree to disclose or make changes to retained personal data upon request of the individual.
"Retained personal data" is data as defined by Clause 5 of Article 2 of the Act.
- Our company will respond quickly and appropriately to customer complaints regarding personal information under our management and will strive to make internal changes accordingly.
February 1, 2005
Amended as of April 1, 2007